Saturday, July 23, 2011

Taking the Plunge

I done lost my mind.

Mike arranged for us to go out to Cueva del Indio this weekend with a new buddy of his from work, Justin.  Justin had gone the week before and apparently it was not to be missed.  We were going cliff jumping.  Or, rather, Mike and Justin were going cliff jumping, and Lila was going to watch and take pictures.

We drove about 90 minutes west of San Juan to a tiny village on the water.  We explored the caves before heading to the cliff for jumping.  Unfortunately, the pictures don't do the caves justice, but they were really pretty spectacular.





The caves had all kinds of interesting nooks into which you could pop your head.  There were a ton of places to crawl into and look around.  Each time we looked up, we saw more and more bats, and there was a cool little tidal pool at the bottom of the caves.




Time to head back up top and check out the rest of the scenery.  The cliffs were absolutely breathtaking and created areas where the surf crashed against the walls of the cliffs.  I'm no expert photographer, but I tried to catch some of the beauty of the surf.




The water was so pretty pouring off the rocks.



I couldn't stop taking pictures of the waves crashing.


Walking along the top of the cliffs we saw some really cool water pools in the rocks.


Oh hello, friend.  We shall call you Frank.  


The water is so gorgeous and so incredibly blue!


But I'm glad we're not jumping into that!

And speaking of jumping, here are the boys planning their first jump.  


Here goes Justin!


And now it's Mike's turn . . .


That's my brave hubby.  Me, I was happy taking pictures.  Oh, but that was not to be the case.  I don't know what came over me, but I thought, "maybe I really can do this."  The boys agreed. 


M:  "Look, honey, it's not that far down.  I'll jump with you."
L:  "Ummm, it looks pretty far."



M:  "Ok, let's jump from a little lower."
L:  "Good plan."


L:  "What do I have to do?"
M:  "Just jump out.  Land with your legs straight."



L:  "What if I hurt myself?"
M:  "I'll help you."
L:  "Lulu will kill you if I get hurt."
M:  "I'm not scared 'cause you're not gonna get hurt."
L:  "She's gonna kill you."


L:  "Ok.  On 3.  1, 2, JUMP!"


L:  "I got water up my nose.  And my ears hurt."
M:  "I'm proud of you baby."


L:  "Ok, I did it.  Now get me out of here."


M:  "High 5, baby.  You did it!"

Like I said, I think I done lost my mind!

1 comment: